Board index KSOC Social KSOC Recommended Shops Paint shops?

Paint shops?

Recommended vendors, dealerships, and Subaru specialty shops. Getting work done on your Subaru? Check here first!

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:26 am
FEXM3 User avatar
Forum User

Anyone have any paint shop recommendations? I'm tired of looking at chipped paint and Orange peel.

Sent from my Left Nut
04' WRX
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:56 am
jaboyd User avatar
KSOC Member

The best shop and value is Wade's Autobody/Paint located on Rt 62 btwn Oliver Springs and Wartsburg...just before Rt 116 (Devils Triangle) intersection.

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:49 am
SubieEngineer User avatar
KSOC Alum

+1 Wade did an awesome job when I had my hood replaced after a hail storm. Don't use Malibu, especially for insurance work. :marcus:
Marcus, Prime Minister of Post Whoring & KSOC Alumnus Extraordinaire

09 BMW 528i - The Gentleman's Daily
04 Nissan 350Z - AX/Track Slut
06 BMW 330i - Traded
07 Subaru STI Limited #576 - "The Gentleman's STI" - Sold

Track day, bro!

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:29 am
Rusty Hanger User avatar
KSOC Member

My only input is, don't use Boruff's in Maryville. Had my hail damage fixed there a few years back. The PDR was fine, but they replaced the hood, said it was cheaper for them than pdr-ing the whole hood. So, new hood, new paint, new DENT in new hood, and paint "dents" all over the new hood. Was not happy. I would have demanded a refund, if my insurance didn't pay for it...
2013 EDS cornhole champion.

2007 WRX Limited. CGM. vf39'd - Sold
2006 Baja Sport. Atlantic Blue Pearl

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:07 pm
FEXM3 User avatar
Forum User

Ya I was looking into Hardin valley body shop, but they are a little pricey. I have "paint dents" too, plus orange peel, paint bubbles that popped, chipping, and you can't even tell there's a clear coat. It almost looks like a flat green lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04' WRX
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:42 pm
KSOC Alum

Rusty Hanger wrote:
My only input is, don't use Boruff's in Maryville. Had my hail damage fixed there a few years back. The PDR was fine, but they replaced the hood, said it was cheaper for them than pdr-ing the whole hood. So, new hood, new paint, new DENT in new hood, and paint "dents" all over the new hood. Was not happy. I would have demanded a refund, if my insurance didn't pay for it...

I would've complained to my insurance company to make it right, since your repairs are suppose to be a satisfactory. They can't PDR aluminum panels well, apparently (no one supposedly can). So replacement is usually done for those.

06 BMW 330i - Traded

Track day, bro!

Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:40 pm
Rusty Hanger User avatar
KSOC Member

I notified my insurance, and they told me to take it back. They said if I wasn't satisfied with their attempt to make it right, I could file a complaint. It came back fine the second time. Dude I talked to at boruffs was a bit of an ass though, like I shouldn't have made a big deal out of it. Maybe if I paid for it instead of my insurance, I would've gotten better service...but that shouldn't matter.
2013 EDS cornhole champion.

2007 WRX Limited. CGM. vf39'd - Sold
2006 Baja Sport. Atlantic Blue Pearl

Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:53 pm
KSOC Alum

Rusty Hanger wrote:
I notified my insurance, and they told me to take it back. They said if I wasn't satisfied with their attempt to make it right, I could file a complaint. It came back fine the second time. Dude I talked to at boruffs was a bit of an ass though, like I shouldn't have made a big deal out of it. Maybe if I paid for it instead of my insurance, I would've gotten better service...but that shouldn't matter.

Yeah, to hell with those shops. That's not how you get repeat business or good referrals. My thoughts about Malibu are exactly like your last sentence.

06 BMW 330i - Traded

Track day, bro!

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:13 pm
FEXM3 User avatar
Forum User

So I finally got my bumper fixed from the hit and run I was in a while back. Hardin valley body shop did a great job matching the paint, and if you haven't seen my paint, it's a terrible garage custom color mix in some dudes back yard.

And they cleaned the hell outta it before I got it back. Just a recommendation.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04' WRX

Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:57 pm
KSOC Alum

Nice! Glad they did a solid job.

06 BMW 330i - Traded

Track day, bro!

Return to KSOC Recommended Shops