Board index KSOC Social New Forum Members greeting from Seattle, again

greeting from Seattle, again

Whether you're new to Subarus, Knoxville, or just this forum, stop in and introduce yourself to one of the most knowledgeable Subaru enthusiast groups in the South East. Be prepared to post pictures.

Post Tue May 06, 2014 1:17 am
pdgetrf Forum User

It's been a while and so hello to everyone again!

Been having so much headache and fun with the Impreza in the past few months. A rattling noise at high speed on bumpy road (I-5 sucks!!) from the windshield area almost drove me nuts. Took the audio units out and the A pillar cover off. And took it to the dealer a few times. None worked. Even got a speeding ticket while trying to fix the issue. By the time the dealer folks eventually figured out that it was the cowing plastic outside the windshield making the noise, 3 months had gone by with no real activity other than thinking about trading in the car for......I don't know. Well, glad I didn't.

After the fix, the real fun started. Took it to tar, took it to dirt. Done donuts on snow and dirt. Some drift turn attempts in the sand dune park near Moses lake. Going sideway rocks! Been to an all-paved TSD rally where the beautiful country sceneries reminded me a lot of good old Tennessee, and a dirt backcountry 500mi TSD is coming in June. Will Also be doing autoX the end of this month. The drive is always a blast, and the road noise and engine soar are just massages to ear drums. The dirt drive had taken the toll by putting some damage to the paint, and lots of dents to the wheels. Added full underbody protection to prevent real damage and will get -1 size wheels and better traction tires. Another issue I ran into during driving back country is the gas tank capacity. In 2nd and 3rd, the mpg is pretty unforgiving. Just put up a roof basket up this past weekend to carry some extra gas. Looking forward for more fun. One day rallyX came cross my mind for a few seconds. I've set it back down for now. It might eventually take me over some day. I guess we'll find out.

Anyway, some photos here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/59dppssrumr57rm/3fHw3FZgU-

May go back to Knoxville this summer. Hope to meet y'all.
2013 STI Dark Grey Metallic

Post Tue May 06, 2014 7:51 am
bicycle_wreck User avatar
KSOC Officer

Hey Peng!

Sounds like you are having a blast. I wouldn't worry too much about rattles in these things. Just upgrade your stereo or exhaust and you won't hear them anymore.

Let us know when you're in town and we will meet up for sure.
The Fun Police - Headlight Retrofits - Oil Snob
:sam:

Sam: You need a bigger turbo, Kyle.
Kyle: You need to shut the fuck up.

Antonio/Black Silk: ...all hashtags are for flatbillers.

2012 WRX

Post Wed May 07, 2014 11:27 pm
pdgetrf Forum User

what kind of events are you guys doing in Knoxville?

Post Thu May 08, 2014 1:35 pm
rlowery78 User avatar
KSOC Officer

Great pics - Beautiful country!
Russell L

SSM 2008 Base WRX SOLD
WRB 2013 STi Hatch

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:38 am
pdgetrf Forum User

seasonal greeting from the rain city!

Switched to 17'' wheels and snow-ish tires and the king raised springs.

Just want to show off a few shots from a recent mud mayhem rallyX :mrgreen:

Return to New Forum Members