Board index KSOC Social New Forum Members New to Subaru ownership & Knoxville

New to Subaru ownership & Knoxville

Whether you're new to Subarus, Knoxville, or just this forum, stop in and introduce yourself to one of the most knowledgeable Subaru enthusiast groups in the South East. Be prepared to post pictures.

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:05 pm
obxt_ryan Forum User

Hello, my name is Ryan, and as the subject suggests, I am new to both aspects of this group. I have been a big fan of Subaru's, predominately Forester's, for many years now. In high school, all I wanted was an SG Foz XT, and was saving up to purchase a vehicle by graduation. The time came, and I found exactly that, an SG Foz XT 4eat for sale within my budget, after having found a rare-spec Audi A4 S-line earlier that day, that I purchased instead. I started school in Birmingham, AL (out-of-state), and joined a local VW/Audi group, with which I attended several track days and shows. I was still an avid Subaru fan at this time, but had grown more and more fond of the Legacy chassis. Of the many, many times the Audi broke down on me, once I was able to borrow a friend's SG Foz XT, haha, and fell in love driving it (oh the irony). My father's current work vehicle is a modified (for off-road capabilities) SJ Foz, which he has grown very fond of. Fast forward, I had a change of plans, came back in-state as a nursing major, and two weeks after moving to Knoxville in January 2016, during the big snow, someone was hooning in my apartment complex parking lot, and smashed into the Audi, totaling it. A month ago, I purchased a 2008 Outback XT 5mt with 200k miles and a bad transmission. Had a transmission swap done, and have been actively working on bringing it up to tip-top shape with maintenance. I hope to make it my daily about a week from the time this is posted.

I live very close to the Chuy's where Knox Subie's has meets, and just happened upon one such meet a few weeks back. Thanks for the add!
2008 Subaru Outback XT 5mt
2008 Audi B7 A4 S-line (RIP)
2001 Dodge 1500 lifted & built motor

Post Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:20 pm
Durania User avatar
KSOC Officer

Wow, that's a heck of a story.

Got pics of the wagon?
Kyle S.
Subieworks.com parts pusher
Buying from RSD? PM me first.

"...ragged out flat-biller machine" - Chris Anderson

Post Tue May 03, 2016 8:35 pm
obxt_ryan Forum User

These are the images I took this past weekend once it was finally off the lift after almost a month, lol. Trying to be a student in Knoxville and working on a car in Murfreesboro on the weekends drags things out a bit.

Post Wed May 04, 2016 1:59 pm
bicycle_wreck User avatar
KSOC Officer

Welcome aboard!

Love that color.
The Fun Police - Headlight Retrofits - Oil Snob
:sam:

Sam: You need a bigger turbo, Kyle.
Kyle: You need to shut the fuck up.

Antonio/Black Silk: ...all hashtags are for flatbillers.

2012 WRX

Post Wed May 04, 2016 3:00 pm
Durania User avatar
KSOC Officer

Rare combination.

If you get the mod bug, hit me up. I have a wholesale account through RallySport Direct.
Kyle S.
Subieworks.com parts pusher
Buying from RSD? PM me first.

"...ragged out flat-biller machine" - Chris Anderson

Post Fri May 06, 2016 8:28 pm
obxt_ryan Forum User

Oh sweet, thanks! I definitely have the mod bug, haha. Already tuning my suspension, having some common troubles with that (lowered legacy suspension on an outback), but I'm planning to hold out on any engine bolt-ons/tunes/etc for now, just to keep it as reliable as it can be for the time being, while I'm still in school. Exterior bits are hard to find, because the outback simply isn't as prevalent as impreza's, and is just different enough from a legacy that most parts won't fit. But I for real appreciate that, and will take you up on that when the time comes.

Post Sat May 07, 2016 6:39 pm
Rusty Hanger User avatar
KSOC Member

Sorry, late to the party. That's a sweet wagon. I have a secret soft spot for the outback. I was looking into them when I found my (the wife's) baja, but couldn't pass up the baja......
2013 EDS cornhole champion.

2007 WRX Limited. CGM. vf39'd - Sold
2006 Baja Sport. Atlantic Blue Pearl

Return to New Forum Members