Board index KSOC Social New Forum Members New member : 5th Gen Legacy GT

New member : 5th Gen Legacy GT

Whether you're new to Subarus, Knoxville, or just this forum, stop in and introduce yourself to one of the most knowledgeable Subaru enthusiast groups in the South East. Be prepared to post pictures.

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:26 pm
Foxrider28 Forum User

Well here is my self introduction. Newish subie owner (9 months), of a 5th gen LGT. I've spent a lot of time over on LGT.com and NASIOC forums and just now got into local stuff. I'm from a small town in East TN called Church Hill I currently reside in Kingsport now. As for the car it's a 2010 Legacy GT originally purchased from Grayson Subaru (yes I know they're not reputable in the Knox area) someone traded it in a year ago and the day I called to get info on it, they had just sold it the day before. So back in March it popped up again locally at Courtesy "Subaru"/Chevrolet (which I don't recommend as a service center either) in Kingsport and under month later it went home with me.

The day I picked it up (if it uploads)
Yes the 15 wrx setting there was tempting but I needed a bigger car so I went with the legacy

Few months later just down the road from my parents

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:52 pm
ether947 User avatar
KSOC Officer

Welcome to the forums. I love that second pic.
2009 WRX [SOLD!]
2005 WRX STI [SOLD!]
2003 WRX

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:10 pm
Durania User avatar
KSOC Officer

Looks good, congrats. I know what you mean about buying from Grayson. I got my 2.5RS coupe from them; we'll just call it: "supply and demand."

You get ready to mod that thing, hit me up. I'll save you some money on parts.
Kyle S.
Subieworks.com parts pusher
Buying from RSD? PM me first.

"...ragged out flat-biller machine" - Chris Anderson

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:31 pm
Foxrider28 Forum User

^ Noted on my mods list I'm not planning on going too crazy since it's got some miles just replacing stock with aftermarket parts as the need arises. Was going for a '12 but I needed something that could be a highway/interstate car instead of a locked away in the garage car and almost 10k price difference kinda made a big impact on that choice. Still I'm happy to have one of the last roughly 2k Stateside legacy GT's. Almost went 4th gen but once I seen a 5th gen it was over.

As for the pic Thanks it was normal everyday summer scenery for me and I figured what goes better with a double rainbow then a unicorn? Only wish I had a better camera and some time to take more shots where I could get both rainbows and the car.

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:16 pm
SubieEngineer User avatar
KSOC Alum

Welcome!

Yeah, Grayson is a known $hitty dealership. My STi came from there, I dealt with a fair salesman who vanished shortly after I picked mine up. :lol:
Marcus, Prime Minister of Post Whoring & KSOC Alumnus Extraordinaire

09 BMW 528i - The Gentleman's Daily
04 Nissan 350Z - AX/Track Slut
06 BMW 330i - Traded
07 Subaru STI Limited #576 - "The Gentleman's STI" - Sold

Track day, bro!

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:58 am
Foxrider28 Forum User

I am not the kinda guy that typically let's a shop service my vehicle I am a grease monkey by heart, but IT guy by profession. But if I were to recommend a shop for service, in the Tri-Cities it would be Wallace Subaru of Johnson City since they are Subaru / Volkswagen and they have more Subaru techs than anyone in East TN plus a friend / coworker has a friend thats a certified tech whom helped me greatly on some issues I had with Courtesy lying to me and reporting false info to Subaru on an inspection. Next would be Wallace Kia / Subaru in Bristol only because the same friend / coworkers wife is thier online sales/service rep and can get me factory parts for cost but they are more into Kia's so they don't have the Subaru tech fleet like the JC location. Courtesy "Subaru" in Kingsport has a "Subaru guru" as they say and he drives the fastest AWD that's not a R-34 @ Bristol Street Fights. But he's the one who falsified that my brakes were 75-100% when they were 25% or less ... 80k mi on stock brakes yeah they're good to go... needless to say I threw some Autozone Golds on there till I get my "Christmas Present" from the misses, she's too good to me... New rotors and pads all the way around and Goodridge lines from KNS ... He gives us LGT.com members and localish guys really good deals, hopefully I can get them installed before the snowy weathet gets here.

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:36 pm
spidermanswrx User avatar
KSOC Member

Nice to have another 5th gen around here.

Return to New Forum Members